The Esplanade is the place to go to catch free concerts. These are typically held in the indoor concourse area or the outdoor theatre. A myriad of performances spanning dance, theatre, vocals, recitals and music are all showcased.

TSL member shelbypinkheart has good memories about the Esplanade:

I've been to Esplanade a couple of times, and it never fails to surprise me every single time. There are always new things up for display that intrigues your imagination and inspires you. For those who are passionate for the arts, this place is definitely where you should visit to get some inspiration for your next artwork, music composition or dance choreography. I especially like to visit the rooftop to take a short break from my hectic lifestyle. With the amazing view of the architecture in Singapore, I often can't help but take tons of pictures though I'm not a tourist.

Being a music enthusiast, I believe the Esplanade library has proven itself to be a useful avenue for me to collect information regarding music, as well as borrow music scores that I have difficulty finding elsewhere. I was also pleasantly surprised yesterday when I visited the library because there was a violin performance going on which I did not know about. I definitely enjoyed the performance and I hope more such events will be put up!